POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How does povray read a file? : Re: How does povray read a file? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How does povray read a file?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 13 Nov 2002 16:05:43
Message: <3dd2bea7$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks greatly .  But your example has povray reading something already set
up in SDL. You're adding "\n" 's and so forth.  What if there's no "\n"?
Suppose I have some more sophisticated files which are too big to hand-edit
into SDL-compatible code.
Is povray capable of reading these, and if so could you humor me by showing
an example.

just a generic idea of code that enables it to read "whatever's there."
Then I can do my own "parsing" of the data, perhaps looking for commas and
the like.